Car wash attendants wash, scrub and polish the exteriors of vehicles. They may also vacuum seats and carpets and clean door trims and hinges in the interior of vehicles.
Duties & Tasks
Car wash attendants may perform the following tasks:
- vacuum, clean and maintain vehicle interiors, including dashboards, consoles, carpet and car seats
- clean door trims and hinges
- wash and polish vehicle exteriors and blacken tyres
- drive vehicles through automatic car washes.
A vehicle detailer undertakes the tasks of a car wash attendant and also cleans engines and underbodies, treating them with rust-proofing chemicals. They also repair minor surface rust stains and make minor repairs to scratched or chipped paintwork. A vehicle detailer rejuvenates dull paintwork on older vehicles.
- enjoy practical work
- an eye for detail
- able to work without supervision
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job.