Room attendants clean and maintain rooms in hotels, motels and other places of accommodation.
Duties & Tasks
Room attendants may perform the following tasks:
- check that rooms have been vacated before cleaning
- make beds daily and change bed linen
- vacuum carpets, floors and upholstery
- clean bathrooms and supply with fresh towels and toiletries
- check and restock tea, coffee, sugar, milk and mini bar supplies
- make sure that televisions, radios, lights and air conditioning equipment are working
- report to a supervisor if articles are left behind by guests, if there is damage to rooms or if any items appear to have been stolen
- take laundry and dry cleaning orders from guests.
Working conditions and hours vary greatly, depending on where room attendants work. The work is not usually physically demanding, but lifting, carrying and bending are involved.
- enjoy practical work
- neat personal appearance
- good personal hygiene
- honest and reliable
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- able to stay calm in difficult situations.