Quality assurance inspectors examine manufactured products, primary produce, goods and services to make sure they meet all standards of presentation and quality.
Duties & Tasks
Quality assurance inspectors may perform the following tasks:
- study product and/or service specifications
- sample products or services to determine whether they meet specifications and quality standards, and initiate corrective action if necessary
- analyse quality assurance data and make recommendations for improvement
- train and assist operators to carry out their quality control functions
- check details of assemblies
- compile reports.
Quality assurance inspectors are required to communicate with production workers, production managers and suppliers and work together to develop systems that promote quality.
- enjoy clerical and administrative work
- good oral and written communication skills
- able to work independently or as part of a team
- eye for detail
- able to analyse and solve problems
- conscious of safety and the environment.