Bicycle technicians repair, service and assemble bicycles.
Duties & Tasks
Bicycle technicians may perform the following tasks:
- speak with customers
- assemble packaged bicycles ready for sale
- inspect, repair and service customers' bicycles
- fabricate components and equipment
- diagnose faults and road test bicycles before and after performing mechanical procedures
- perform various retail functions, including maintenance of stock control systems and shop presentation.
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- normal eyesight and hearing
- mechanical aptitude
- good communication skills
- problem-solving skills.