Telemarketers telephone prospective customers to promote products and services and obtain sales or arrange sales visits.
Duties & Tasks
Telemarketers may perform the following tasks:
- work from a script and a list of contacts to promote products or services by telephone
- create interest in a product or service and secure a sale or an agreement to see a sales representative
- process and arrange the dispatch of products, information kits and brochures to interested clients
- arrange appointments with sales representatives
- record changes to contact details on a database and note follow-up action
- maintain statistics of calls made and successes achieved
- submit periodic reports on telemarketing activities and results
- receive calls and provide information or assist with any problems.
Telemarketers are employed on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, and may be required to do shift, evening and weekend work.
- pleasant and friendly manner
- enjoy talking to people
- aptitude for working with computers
- high level of motivation
- able to work as part of a team.