Transport administrators plan, organise and control the operational activities of road, rail, air and water transport.
Duties & Tasks
Transport administrators may perform the following tasks:
- coordinate transport and related staff
- devise or approve methods and procedures for operating freight and passenger services, time schedules and routes
- review passenger and freight rate structures (where these are not controlled by government agencies and transport associations)
- help develop transport operating policies.
- good managerial and organisational skills
- able to work under pressure
- good communication skills.