Nutritionists provide a range of evidence-based services related to nutrition, public health nutrition, policy and research, and community health with the overall goal of improving health and wellbeing
Duties & Tasks
Nutritionists may perform the following tasks:
- provide education about healthy eating to groups in the community
- liaise with other health professionals about nutrition
- collect, organise and analyse data relating to the health and nutrition behaviours of specific groups and the population as a whole
- plan, conduct and evaluate nutrition intervention programmes and compile educational material
Nutritionists may have a high level of contact with the public.
- enjoy food and food preparation
- interested in health and wellbeing
- good communication skills
- able to work as part of a team
- aptitude for science and research.